Yes, It Is Blueberry Time!
A beautiful sight!
These are not my blueberry bushes.
I want some…but daughter says why? She has so many, just come pick hers.
Her bushes are loaded!
So, while it was still cool in the morning, off we went to pick berries.
Meadow could get lost in the patch!
A lovely sight!
Home to put in the freezer for lots of delicious memories of summer
on a cold winters day.
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 pint blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the egg.
- Gently blend in the milk and blueberries.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just till blended.
- Grease muffin cups or insert paper cup liners. Fill each 7/8 full.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 1 dozen.
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup softened butter
Mix the above ingredients together with a pastry blender until crumbly.
What is your favorite way to eat blueberries?
“Blessed be the Lord,
who daily loadeth us with benefits.”